Wondering whether now is the time to book that river cruise? Viking have highlighted the top five reasons you need to book a Viking river cruise right now. Viking have three different river cruise experiences on offer for their 2022-23 cruise schedule to allow for travellers to appreciate the river with all the comforts offered.
- Australians haven’t travelled for nearly two years: With travellers unable to explore for so long, there is enormous pent-up demand for travel on Viking’s award-winning river and ocean voyages plus brand new expedition cruises.
- You’re covered by the Viking risk-free guarantee: You have the freedom to change your cruise plans up to 14 days prior to your departure date.* Then, you have up to 24 months to select your new cruise date — giving you the confidence to plan your future cruise risk-free.
- Save thousands: With limited availability and increasing demand, prices will rise over the coming months. If you book your voyage today, you not only buy at today’s pricing but you can save up to $5,600 per couple*. Plus, with Viking’s Inclusive Value everything you need is included in your fare.
- All 2023 sailings released: As the Thinking Person’s Cruise, Viking allow for forward-thinking guests plan ahead. So, for the first time this far in advance, Viking have opened their full 2023 Europe river cruise season giving you plenty of opportunity to choose your preferred itinerary, date and stateroom.
- The industry’s best health & safety program: Developed in coordination with an international team of scientific and medical advisors, the Viking Health & Safety Program is one of the most well-researched and comprehensive COVID-19 prevention and mitigation plans in the travel industry.
A Tale of Three Rivers: The Douro, the Danube and the Nile
These three rivers are different and unique but what they all have in common is their penchant to excite and delight. From Portugal’s Douro travelling along ancient wine estates; to the culture-rich banks of the Danube and Egypt’s enticing Nile. Join a river cruise for an adventure like no other.
Portugal’s River of Gold: 10 Days | Lisbon to Porto
Experience the renaissance of Lisbon, newly invigorated with trending galleries and restaurants. Explore two of Iberia’s oldest university towns: Coimbra, Portugal and Salamanca, Spain. Roam the port warehouses of Porto. Enjoy traditional cuisine, wine and fado singing. Cruise the Douro River Valley, the world’s oldest demarcated wine region and a UNESCO Site. Learn more
Passage to Eastern Europe:11 Days | Bucharest to Budapest or v.v.
See Bucharest’s 3,000-room Palace of Parliament. Make banitsa bread with a home cook in Vidin. Explore Belgrade’s Ottoman and European treasures, including 6th-century Kalemegdan Fortress. View the Danube’s towering Iron Gate. Visit a Croatian family’s Osijek home. Witness Hungary’s daredevil Puszta horsemen. Behold Budapest’s grandeur. Learn more
Pharoahs & Pyramids: 12 Days | Cairo to Cairo
Uncover the ancient secrets of Egypt while experiencing the welcoming culture of today. See the pyramids from astride a majestic camel. Wander among 136 soaring pillars in Karnak Temple. Explore Dendera, one of Egypt’s best-preserved and less frequented temples. Skim the waters of the Nile by traditional felucca. Delight in the fragrances of Aswan’s spice market. Learn more
For more information call a Viking expert on 138 747 (AU) or 0800 447 913 (NZ), contact a Viking travel agent or visit https://www.vikingrivercruises.com.au/
SOURCE: Viking Cruises