Accor announces second Mövenpick Hotel in Australia
Accor, together with Singapore’s Fragrance Group Limited, will open Australia’s second Mövenpick hotel with the opening of Mövenpick Hotel Melbourne on Spencer in May 2021.
Situated at the meeting point of Melbourne’s iconic Spencer and Bourke Streets in the CBD, the 172-room premium hotel promises to indulge and delight guests with its contemporary design and boutique interiors, a dedicated cafe serving the brand’s signature ice cream, an exotic blend of modern South East Asian cuisine at it’s very own Miss Mi restaurant and bar, a daily Chocolate Hour and an assortment of other Mövenpick brand signature offerings, 25-metre swimming pool, sauna, well-equipped gynamsium, and a boardroom. Mövenpick Hotel Melbourne on Spencer will form the six-level podium of the striking 78-storey Elenberg Fraser architect-designed Premier Tower development.
Well-known for its Swiss heritage, Mövenpick draws upon the brand’s 70-year-old rich culinary legacy. The hotel’s onsite Miss Mi restaurant and bar will amplify Melbourne’s dining scene, offering guests and visitors a taste journey through South East Asia. Designed by global design agency Greymatters, Miss Mi delivers a vibrant and modern approach to traditional Asian barbeque and grill signature dishes, awakening the senses with an exotic blend of smoke, aromatics and spice.
A range of signature Mövenpick brand experiences are also offered at Mövenpick Hotel Melbourne on Spencer, including:
- Chocolate Hour: With the brand’s Swiss origins being famous for chocolate, Mövenpick Hotel Melbourne on Spencer dedicates one hour each afternoon to the ‘Chocolate Hour’.
- Healthy Shots: Energy shots blended with juice or yoghurt and fresh fruit and vegetables will be offered to guests at breakfast as a kind gesture to start the day.
- Go Healthy: A range of tasty and nutritious dishes will be offered at breakfast, including grab and go small portions, helping guests make healthy choices.
- Mövenpick Products: As the only hotel brand with its own branded range of fine food and beverages, Mövenpick Hotel Melbourne on Spencer guests will be able to experience Mövenpick’s culinary heritage first hand with Mövenpick ice cream.
- Wi-Fi Everywhere: Free wireless high-speed internet will be offered, providing seamless connectivity in the hotel building and its surroundings.
- Web Check-In: A convenient online service for guests to avoid reception formalities.
Mövenpick Hotel Melbourne on Spencer is perfectly positioned in the heart of an eclectic dining and fashion district. It boasts a superb CBD location opposite Southern Cross railway station and nearby to the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre, bringing unrivalled convenience and accessibility. The city of Melbourne offers the finest in food, shopping, sports and arts. Just a short stroll from the hotel, guests can experience the magic of Sea Life Melbourne Aquarium, peruse Melbourne’s famed marketplace Queen Victoria Markets, and capture the excitement of a sporting match or concert at Marvel Stadium. When night falls, get cosy at one of the city’s chic bars or take your pick from an abundance of restaurants and cafes.
With a Swiss heritage dating back to the 1940s, Mövenpick offers a unique blend of contemporary city and resort hotels worldwide. Mövenpick Hotel Melbourne on Spencer joins some of the world’s finest hotels including Mövenpick Resort & Spa Jimbaran Bali, Mövenpick Resort Kuredhivaru Maldives, Mövenpick Resort & Spa Dead Sea, Mövenpick Hotel Sukhumvit 15 Bangkok, Grand Plaza Mövenpick Dubai Media City UAE, Mövenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Centre, Mövenpick Hotel The Hague and Mövenpick Hotel Hobart. Like its sister properties, Mövenpick Hotel does ordinary things in an extraordinary way.
Opening special: Be among the first to experience Mövenpick Hotel Melbourne on Spencer by taking advantage of its opening special from $240* per night in a Superior King or Twin Room including a Chocolate Hour experience for two on one afternoon. To book, visit all.accor.com
*Subject to terms, conditions and hotel availability. Valid for sale until 31 July, 2021 and travel until 22 September 2021. Block-out dates may apply. See the website for full terms and conditions.