Are you wishing you were on a tropical island sipping a Pina Colada right now? Well so are we! Why not recreate that feeling in your own home? This week we have curated a list of cocktails from around the world so you can sit back, relax and pretend you are off exploring the world.
United Kingdom: Pimm’s – Is there anything better than a refreshing glass of Pimm’s on a warm afternoon?
- 180mL Pimm’s No 1 Aperitif 700mL
- Strawberries, Cucumber slices, and Orange wedges to garnish
- Ginger Ale
- Fill a jug with ice, halved Strawberries, Cucumber slices, and Orange wedges.
- Pour in 180mL of Pimm’s No 1 Aperitif.
- Fill the jug 3/4 of the way with equal parts Lemonade and Ginger Ale.
- Fill to the top with more Ginger Ale. Stir and enjoy!
Singapore: Singapore Sling – One cannot visit Singapore and not visit Raffles to have a cheeky Singapore Sling. So why not pretend you are there tonight?
- 30 ml Sipsmith gin
- 15 ml Heering cherry brandy
- 5 ml Cointreau
- 5 ml Dom Benedictine
- Dash Angostura bitters
- 10 ml Grenadine
- 15 ml lime juice
- 120 ml pineapple juice
- Ice cubes
- Combine all the ingredients in a cocktail shaker and shake.
- Strain into a poco grande glass and serve garnished with a slice of pineapple and a cherry.
Spain: Sangria – Experience the passion of Spain with this hearty Sangria recipe.
- 4 oranges
- 2 lemons
- 1 apple, unpeeled, core removed, diced
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 750ml bottle red wine (see note)
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 750ml bottle soft drink (lemonade, soda water or ginger ale)
- Thinly slice 1 orange and 1 lemon. Cut each slice into small wedges and place in a large bowl. Add apple, cinnamon and brandy. Stir to combine. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Juice remaining oranges and lemon.
- Combine 1 1/2 cups wine, 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar, 1 1/2 cups soft drink, 1/4 cup orange juice and 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice in a jug.
- Add half the apple mixture. Stir to combine. Repeat with remaining ingredients in another jug.
- Spoon crushed ice into 8 tall glasses. Pour over sangria. Serve.
Puerto Rico: Pina Colada – Let’s go to the Caribbean and enjoy island life with this Pina Colada recipe!
- 60ml Buckeye Silver Caribbean Rum 700mL
- 90ml pineapple juice
- 30ml coconut cream
- Ice cubes
- Coconut & pineapple leaves to garnish
- Add white rum, pineapple juice & coconut cream into a cocktail shaker
- Add ice and shake
- Strain into a highball glass
- Garnish with coconut & pineapple leaves
Aperol Spritz: Italy – Travel to Italy and imagine you are in the sitting on your balcony overlooking the Amalfi Coast with this Aperol Spritz recipe.
- 90ml Porta Dante Prosecco
- 60ml Aperol Aperitivo
- Soda water
- Orange wedge to garnish
- Fill wineglass with ice
- Add Aperol and Prosecco.
- Top with soda water
- Garnish with a wedge of orange