Signifying the reignition of river cruising, Avalon Waterways has officially returned to European rivers, kicking off its 2021 season just in time to take advantage of the European summer. Setting sail from Paris in late July, the company embarked on its first cruise since December 2019, welcoming guests and reuniting its crew aboard Avalon Tapestry II for its Paris to Normandy itinerary.
To celebrate the return, Avalon’s Managing Director, Pam Hoffee was on board the Suite Ship to welcome guests back and re-introduce them to the Seine’s vineyard-filled valleys, medieval towns and contemporary architectural wonders. Get a taste of Avalon’s return below:
Avalon’s 2021 European season will also include select departures on the Rhine, Danube, Rhône and Moselle Rivers.
Australians can book now for the 2022 season and save up to $6,400 per couple on select 2022 European river cruises. Cruises in the 2022-23 season include trips along the:
- Danube River: Europe’s second longest river with stops with stops including Budapest, Deggendorf, Basel, Amsterdam and Vienna
- Seine River: a cruise through Paris and Normandy with a mixture of Gothic and contemporary architecture, fields of orchids and medieval towns as scenery.
- Rhone River: A trip through Swiss mountains to the Mediterranean Sea, through some of the less explored parts of Switzerland and France.
- Saone River: A cruise through French countryside with views of the Burgundy Wine region seen throughout.
- Moselle River: A tour through the countryside of France, Germany and Luxembourg.
- Main River: A cruise through Bavarian states of Germany including Bamberg, a UNESCO-heritage town and the vineyards of Wurzburg
For more details, see Avalon Waterways 2022 Europe River Cruises.
SOURCE: Avalon Waterways