Celebrity Cruises celebrated a historic milestone over the weekend as Celebrity Silhouette departed her home port of Southampton, ready to welcome her first British guests in over 15 months and show off a new lavish multi-million pound bow to stern revitalisation.
The completion of the dramatic modernisation makes Celebrity Silhouette the fourth ship in Celebrity Cruises’ fleet to undergo the refit, known as The Celebrity Revolution – the brand’s more than $500 million investment in ship-wide upgrades and breath-taking reimagined spaces.
Celebrity Silhouette will spend the summer season embarking on a series of six-to-eight-night itineraries around Britain’s spectacular coastline. From greeting the sunrise with yoga on the open deck to whiling away the day on the ship’s half-acre lawn of real grass, guests will have the chance to truly relax and unwind after a challenging year.
Jo Rzymowska, Vice President and Managing Director EMEA, said: “After over a year away, it’s a truly special feeling to be welcoming the beautiful Celebrity Silhouette back to UK shores. Our much anticipated summer season marks a real vote of confidence in the UK cruise industry and the excitement among crew and guests is palpable. Most importantly, we can’t wait to treat our guests to the ultimate luxury staycation and give them the opportunity to relax and unwind while looking out at the stunning British coastline.”
With her stunning new look, Celebrity Silhouette and her crew are ready to indulge guests in fantastic experiences, including:
- Exclusive open-air hideaway, The Retreat – available to suite guests only, this luxurious space features a private sundeck and lounge designed by award-winning British designer Kelly Hoppen CBE. In The Retreat, every tiny detail is taken care of – whether that’s being handed a fresh towel en route to the pool or a glass of perfectly chilled wine brought to the table.
- Unforgettable wellness experiences in the spa – Celebrity Silhouette’s onboard spa means guests can indulge in some much deserved ‘me time’ with a rejuvenating treatment, a restorative massage, or by relaxing in The Persian Garden, a peaceful oasis featuring a range of refreshing aquatic experiences, from billows of aromatic steam to tropical showers and heated loungers.
- Take endorphin levels to new heights in the Fitness Centre – Overhauled as part of her top-to-tail revolution, Celebrity Silhouette boasts state-of-the-art new cardio machines, weight equipment from Technogym and is one of the only places to experience the exhilaration of Peloton’s live-stream classes at sea.
- Jaw-dropping shows and inspirational talks – after a year without the joy and spectacle of live performance, guests will be enchanted by spellbinding magician Matt McGurk, the multi-award-winning industry veteran and illusionist. The Barricade Boys will also be showcasing some of the UK’s finest male voices and The Beatles Celebration will be paying homage to the world’s most influential band, transporting guests straight to Abbey Road.
Sailings will host inspirational talks from Penny Mallory, the world’s first female World Rally Car for Ford in the World Rally Championship and Derek Redmond, one of Britain’s most recognised and determined athletes, renowned for completing the 400m semi-final with a broken hamstring at the 1992 Olympic Games, in spite of his injury.
- Augmented reality luxury restaurant, Le Petit Chef – Le Petit Chef is a feast for the senses, where an animated 3D character appears right on guest’s plates and prepares each course for a truly interactive, artistic evening.
- Locally sourced and authentically prepared sushi in Sushi on Five – delight in a menu crafted by expert restaurateur and sushi chef, Yoshikazu “Yoshi” Okadato and try complex flavours of a hand-made sushi roll or nigiri featuring tuna albacore, shrimp, eel, and other fresh selections, or savour the simplicity of yellowtail, salmon, and octopus sashimi.
Guests can cruise with confidence onboard, as the ship will sail with fully vaccinated crew and guests (aged 18 and over). Vaccinated guests also require proof of a negative PCR test taken up to or within three days of sailing. Guests aged 24 months to 17 years old will take an antigen test at the terminal prior to embarkation. The PCR and antigen tests required will be provided at the expense of Celebrity Cruises.
Alongside its vaccination and testing procedures, crew and guests will also be kept safe at sea with Celebrity Cruises’ app. Offering all the functionality required for a seamless onboard experience, guests can plan their holiday all from their smartphone – whether that’s booking one of the curated destination experiences or a delicious meal developed by Michelin-starred chefs.
SOURCE: Celebrity Cruises