Celebrity Cruises ship Celebrity Summit has returned fresh from a multi-million dollar refurbishment, part of the cruise line’s fleet-wide modernisation over the next five years.
The all-new Celebrity Summit’s enhancements include:
- Completely redesigned staterooms and suites
- The addition of The Retreat for suite guests, with exclusive new sundeck and redesigned lounge
- Stunningly reimagined restaurants, bars and lounges
- Completely redesigned spa
“Celebrity Summit is one of the most popular ships in the Celebrity Cruises fleet and we’re excited to share the revolutionised design with the world,” said Lisa Lutoff-Perlo, President and CEO, Celebrity Cruises. “Celebrity Summit is better than she’s ever been – with modernised spaces and exciting new experiences, and she’s the first of our ships to feature our partnerships with American Ballet Theatre and Chef Daniel Boulud.”
“Nearly every space on Celebrity Summit has been modernised, with attention paid to the smallest detail,” said Brian Abel, Senior Vice President, Hotel Operations, Celebrity Cruises. “We couldn’t be more proud of the work that our teams have done for Summit’s ship’s ‘Revolution’ and the months of hard work leading up to this moment.”
Celebrity Summit’s bow-to-stern transformation began on February 17, 2019, in Freeport, Grand Bahama. It spent a total of 31 days in the skilled hands of thousands of engineers, architects, artisans, designers, contractors and members of the Celebrity team who collaborated to ensure flawless execution of the ship’s dramatic modernisation.
When updating staterooms and suites, every detail was thought through, with guest comfort at the forefront. Celebrity collaborated with renowned international hospitality firm Hirsch Bedner Associates (HBA) to transform the staterooms, while turning to famed designer Kelly Hoppen, MBE, to refresh the gorgeous suites and bring The Retreat to Celebrity Summit.
Stateroom and suite enhancements:
- All-new stateroom design in partnership with HBA and refreshed suite design by Kelly Hoppen
- Celebrity’s eXhale bedding featuring luxurious Cashmere mattresses
- Completely redesigned stateroom bathrooms, with state-of-the-art finishes and fixtures
- An all-new exclusive open-air hideaway – known as The Retreat Sundeck – for suite guests designed by Hoppen, featuring a new hot tub, cabanas, lounges, artwork, and more
- The Retreat Lounge – formerly Michael’s Club – an exclusive 24/7 lounge for suite guests designed by Hoppen, offering complimentary beverages, gourmet bites and concierge service
- A total of 30 new staterooms, including 13 new AquaClass Staterooms, seven new Ocean View Staterooms and 10 new Inside Staterooms
- A transformed Oceanview Café, featuring a new open concept, increased seating options, and delicious, globally inspired culinary offerings
- A revitalised Main Dining Room with more seating and updated fixtures, including the eye-catching ceiling design featuring interlocking metal rings and lighting
- A reimagined Sunset Bar, featuring a variety of inviting seating options perfect for alfresco dining or cocktails with a view
- A reimagined Rendezvous Lounge, perfect for hosting events and entertainment from day to night.
- Xcelerate Wi-Fi throughout the ship, and the addition of RFID lock technology with digital key
- Boutiques featuring some of the hottest designers in the world including Shinola, John Hardy, and TAG Heuer
- A new, wellness-focused spa design for Canyon Ranch at Sea, transforming the treatment rooms, salon, fitness centre, and locker rooms
- A new, semi-private consultation area in the fitness centre for personal training and consultations
- An enhanced Persian Garden thermal suite, with therapeutic spaces and experiences, such as Turkish bath, infrared sauna, and salt therapy
- An enhanced Art Gallery and Photo Gallery
Celebrity Summit is just the second “Revolutionary” redesign for the brand, with Celebrity Equinox scheduled to enter dry-dock in May 2019 and six more ships to be modernised by 2023. To learn more about THE CELEBRITY REVOLUTION, visit www.celebritycruises.com/revolution.
SOURCE: Celebrity Cruises