Lindblad Expeditions-National Geographic announces a new Panama and Colombia itinerary
Lindblad Expeditions-National Geographic has announced Panama & Colombia: Exploring the Caribbean Coast, an exhilarating 8-day expedition that will navigate the South American coast, from Cartagena to Panama City, to explore the region’s astonishing trove of natural and cultural treasures.
Sailing aboard one of Lindblad Expedition’s newest ships, the 100-guest National Geographic Quest, guests will have one-of-a-kind opportunities to experience and explore the South American Coast. Highlights include hiking into dense rainforests that harbor extraordinary biodiversity, gliding through little-explored inlets by Zodiac and kayak, and meeting the indigenous inhabitants of a secluded Panamanian archipelago where age-old traditions remain part of everyday life. Guests will experience the diverse heritage of stunning cities and remote towns off the beaten path, from the Arab-influenced architecture of Colombia’s Santa Cruz de Lorica to the bustling shores of Santa Cruz del Islote—one of the most densely populated islands in the world.
Notable highlights of this South American cruise include:
- Transit the Panama Canal to see an up-close view of this modern engineering marvel and navigate the waters of the man-made Gatún Lake.
- Discover the coastal treasures and remote wilderness of Colombia, exploring vibrant villages, pristine beaches and wildlife-rich jungles.
- Visit the palm-shaded Panamanian archipelago of Guna Yala (formerly San Blas Islands), an autonomous province that is home to the indigenous Guna people and become immersed in the local culture. Encounter timeless artistic traditions from the handcrafted mola textiles of Guna Yala to the famed vueltiao sombreros woven by artisans in the mountain village of Tuchín.
- Experience an overwhelming variety of life as you explore Colombian wilderness along jungle trails. With the most bird species of any country (almost 1900) and an astonishing list of approximately 450 mammals, Colombia unquestionably contains within its borders the greatest biodiversity by area on the planet.
- Snorkel vibrant coral reefs and discover turquoise waters and mangrove groves via kayak, Zodiac and stand-up paddleboard.
This extraordinary adventure cruise will be under the guidance of an expedition leader, a team of veteran naturalists, a Lindblad-National Geographic certified photo instructor, an undersea specialist and a wellness specialist.
Panama & Colombia: Exploring the Caribbean Coast will have four departures in 2020: Oct. 10, 17, 24 and 31. Rates begin at $7,490 per person based on double occupancy in a Category 1 cabin.
For reservations or additional information on Lindblad Expeditions-National Geographic voyages to some of the most beautiful and fascinating places on Earth, visit au.expeditions.com/, call 1300 361 012 or contact your travel agent.
SOURCE: Lindblad Expeditions-National Geographic