Known in Hollywood for the captivating period just around sunset when the sun casts golden hues of warm light in a stop-in-your-tracks intoxicating way, “magic hour” has always been a little more special in Los Angeles, luring filmmakers, artists and visitors to chase, capture and sing about it.
Beginning today, everyone is welcome to (virtually) join Magic Hour, thanks to a new campaign from the Los Angeles Tourism & Convention Board. Daily, Los Angeles Tourism will celebrate the people and places that make L.A. magical, featuring live streaming sunsets from Venice Beach, a virtual location tour with a professional location scout, a local photographer’s tips on capturing L.A.’s epic light and more on its social channels and at discoverlosangeles.com/magichour.
- Los Angeles: 6:30 pm
- Auckland/Wellington/Christchurch: 1:35pm
- Sydney/Melbourne/Brisbane: 11:35am
- Adelaide: 11:05am
- Perth: 9:35am
- Singapore/Kuala Lumpur/Manila: 9:35am
- Jakarta/Bangkok: 8:35am
While watching the sun sink into the glittering Pacific Ocean, followers of @discoverLA’s social channels will be invited to recreate cocktail and other recipes from the local restaurant community or listen to the sounds of L.A. via curated playlists.
To experience a little bit of L.A.’s magic any time of day, visitors to discoverlosangeles.com/magichour can:
- Piece together digital puzzles made from artist George Townley’s vibrant illustrations of Los Angeles icons including the LAX Theme Building, Griffith Observatory and the Stahl House
- Get a suggested 50 classic L.A. movies to stream
- Take a livestream of The Petersen Automotive Museum’s famous vault, a virtual tour of L.A.’s first UNESCO World Heritage Site – the Hollyhock House, experience an immersive environment of light and sound in the spirit of Yayoi Kusama’s Infinity Mirrored Room – The Souls of Millions of Light Years Away courtesy of The Broad, and participate in other cultural experiences
- Try new mindful and fitness experiences, like The Gentle Barn’s meditation with an animal or VolleyCamp Hermosa’s webinars to improve beach volleyball skills from the living room
- Rock out to a series of L.A. playlists on Spotify
- Download backgrounds for virtual meetings or happy hours
SOURCE: Los Angeles Tourism