P&O Cruises releases maiden season for Pacific Encounter in new 2021 program
P&O Cruises has revealed its 3000-guest ship Pacific Encounter will be based in Brisbane from November 2021 providing Queenslanders with the first opportunity to cruise from their doorstep on the line’s newest ship to call Australia home.
P&O’s new 2021 summer program of itineraries will see Pacific Encounter offer 11 cruises until January 2022 including dedicated itineraries to the South Pacific Islands and Queensland coastal destinations.
Queenslanders can also sail into their home city on Pacific Encounter’s inaugural ‘Voyages’ cruise which departs Singapore on November 11, 2021 calling at Kuala Lumpur (Port Kelang), Lombok, Darwin, Cairns and Airlie Beach before sailing in to the new Brisbane International Cruise Terminal for the first time.
P&O Cruises President Sture Myrmell said Pacific Encounter’s new Brisbane home was the next exciting chapter in Queensland’s hugely successful cruise story which has seen the cruise line base ships from the city since 2009.
“By the time Pacific Encounter joins the fleet in late 2021, P&O Cruises will have carried two million guests on itineraries departing from Brisbane and our commitment to providing Queenslanders with memorable Australian cruise holidays doesn’t stop there,” Mr Myrmell said. “Pacific Encounter will continue to build on P&O’s contemporary product and set new trends in the field of dining, entertainment and family activities to offer something for everyone including families and couples of all ages.
“P&O has an unrivalled long-standing history with Queensland so it is fitting that we continue to build on that story by bringing our newest ship to Brisbane for her maiden season.”
Highlights of Pacific Encounter’s maiden season from Brisbane include:
• Two popular 7-night Pacific Island Hopper cruises departing on a Saturday and calling at destinations including Mystery Island and Lifou
• Three 7-night Barrier Reef Discovery cruises also departing on Saturday and visiting Airlie Beach, Cairns, Port Douglas and Willis Island
• A 3-night themed comedy Short Break cruise taking place over a weekend
• Two 4-night cruises to the Whitsunday Islands stopping at Airlie Beach
• Two Main Event cruises included a 9-night Christmas itinerary calling at Noumea, Mare, Port Vila and Santo and an 8-night New Year’s Even cruise calling at Mystery Island, Port Vila and Santo
Bookings on Pacific Encounter cruises departing Brisbane are available now and include a 7-night Pacific Island Hopper departing December 4, 2021. Fares start from $759 per person for an inside quad share cabin.
For more information visit pocruises.com.au, call 13 24 94 or see a licensed travel agent.
SOURCE: P&O Cruises