Seabourn, the world’s finest ultra-luxury travel experience, will return to Australia and New Zealand in December 2019, including a number of new exciting ports around the picturesque country. In total, Seabourn Encore and Seabourn Sojourn will make 40 calls across Australia this summer season, along with a number of diverse, insightful port calls across the island nation of New Zealand.
From December 2019 to April 2020, Seabourn’s two ultra-luxury ships will visit boutique ports, sheltered coves and hidden harbours that larger cruise ships often cannot access as well as favourite marquee ports, with a variety of onboard offerings and on-shore experiences that cater to every type of traveller.
Sailing through the awe inspiring South Pacific Ocean from December to March, Seabourn Encore will make its first ever call to Portland, Victoria on March 14. Encore’s other maiden ship calls include first visits to Hobart (March 11), Kangaroo Island (March 15) and Adelaide (March 16).
Additionally, Seabourn Sojourn will visit six Australian ports as part of her world cruise, including her first calls to the gateway to the Great Barrier Reef, Airlie Beach (April 24), and Brisbane (April 26), officially closing the cruise season on April 29 as the last international ship scheduled to depart Sydney.
“We are very pleased to again offer ultra-luxury cruising in local waters this year on Seabourn Encore,” says Tony Archbold, Senior Director of Sales and Marketing. “Ultra-luxury travellers are increasingly seeking exceptional service and bespoke experiences coupled with itineraries that excite and thrill. Australia and New Zealand provides our guests with a wide array of fascinating destinations and experiences in a way that only Seabourn can deliver.”
New Zealand shines aboard Seabourn Encore where guests can visit this nation rich in natural beauty, wonders and indigenous Maori culture. A selection of departures from December 2019 through February 2020 offer plenty of options to explore the diverse landscape in depth with locations such as Milford Sound, a UNESCO World Heritage site and New Zealand’s most famous tourist destination. Other port calls include Timaru, where the South Canterbury Museum traces the history of the region from the Maori arrival to the present; Lyttelton (Christchurch), where historic Antarctic voyages began and home of the Christchurch Botanic Gardens; and Wellington, with its crown jewel Te Papa, a museum of Australasian natural history, science and culture.
With multiple cruises around Australia, New Zealand and the South Pacific, guests will witness sweeping landscapes, stunning waterfalls, pristine beaches and wildlife eye-to-eye in ultra-luxury style aboard Seabourn’s intimate ships. As the Official Cruise Partner for UNESCO World Heritage, Seabourn guests will also have the opportunity to visit iconic and cherished sites such as Daintree National Park, Sydney Opera House and the Great Barrier Reef as part of Seabourn’s pre- and post-cruise Seabourn Journeys as optional add-ons to itineraries.
Inspired by the rising interest in mindful, healthy living, Seabourn will bring a dedicated wellness cruise to Australia and New Zealand for the first time in February 2020. Celebrated physician and best-selling author Dr Andrew Weil will join guests on board with a team of wellness experts. Sailing from Auckland, New Zealand to Sydney, Australia through Milford Sound, the onboard itinerary will include lectures, discussions, classes and demonstrations led by Dr Weil and his team to help guests enrich their lives for better mental and physical health.
Further highlights of the season include:
- Discover the exotic isles of the Indonesian Archipelago, port in Darwin and visit the UNESCO World Heritage Great Barrier Reef before finishing in Sydney with the 24-Day Java Sea & Coral Coast cruise. Travel dates November 27 to December 21, 2019.
- The 17-Day Orchard Isles & Coral Coast itinerary departs Bali and travels along the Australian coastline to Sydney. Travel dates December 4 to 21, 2019.
- Celebrate the holiday season with the 33-Day Gems of the Southern Seas cruise which departs from Denpasar, Bali and explore the Indonesian isles, east coast of Australia and all three islands of New Zealand. Travel dates December 4 to January 6, 2020.
- Seabourn’s favourite antipodean itinerary is a 16-Day survey of all three New Zealand islands before visiting Melbourne and Sydney Harbour. Travel dates December 21 to January 6, January 20 to February 5 and February 5 to 21, 2020.
- Departing Sydney with a stop in Melbourne, 30-Day Treasures of New Zealand is Seabourn’s most immersive exploration of The Land of the Long White Cloud which also visits Norfolk Island. Travel dates December 21, 2019 to January 20, 2020.
- 16-Day Wellness cruise departs from the Auckland and explores both of New Zealand’s beautiful islands before sailing to Melbourne and Sydney. Travel dates February 21 to March 8, 2020.
- Ventures by Seabourn optional for-charge expedition-style excursions including Zodiacs and kayaks delivered by a world-class team of experts in a variety of fields such as marine biology, ornithology, and geology. The team also interacts with guests throughout the course of the sailing through presentations, interpretation on the outdoor decks of the ship, and even during meals. Available in select ports on itineraries departing in 2019 on November 27, December 4 & 21, and 2020 departures on January 6 & 20, February 5 & 21, March 8 & 22, and April 7.
Seabourn represents the best of ultra-luxury travel with intimate ships offering key elements that set the line apart: spacious, thoughtfully appointed suites, many with verandas and all 100% ocean front; superb dining in a choice of venues; complimentary premium spirits and fine wines available on board at all times; award-winning service and a relaxed, sociable atmosphere that makes guests feel right at home on board.
For more information or reservations, contact a travel agent, call 13 24 02 or visit www.seabourn.com.