Seabourn, the world’s finest ultra-luxury travel experience, will have two of the brand’s elegant ships bound for the heart of Asia for voyages of natural and cultural discovery from late 2019 through early 2020. From amazing historic ruins deep in the jungles to gleaming ultra-modern cityscapes, tranquil gardens to rivers snaking through unspoiled islands, every journey in the region will brim with experiences for guests to make memories of a lifetime.
Curling around coasts in the Pacific Rim will offer guests much to enjoy both on board and on shore on the line’s newest vessels, Seabourn Encore and Seabourn Ovation, both of which have been awarded as “best” by leading publications in 2019. Hand-selected itineraries will explore marquee ports and hidden harbours otherwise inaccessible to larger cruise ships. Seabourn Sojourn will also sail through parts of Asia during its 146-day World Cruise, slated to depart on January 4, 2020 from Miami, with shorter segments of the itinerary offered to time-constrained travellers who are looking to join the excitement that comes with a longer round-the-world journey.
There will be many exciting opportunities for guests to experience more of Asia along the way, including visits to World Heritage Sites arranged through Seabourn’s long-running and rewarding official partnership with UNESCO. As the Official Cruise Partner to UNESCO Seabourn guests will enjoy experiences that are sure to forge deep lifetime memories when visiting these sites, such as Angkor Wat in Cambodia or Halong Bay in Vietnam. Regionally inspired cuisine will also be featured on every Asia cruise, created from local seasonal produce and seafood procured en route. In addition, there will be optional for-charge Ventures by Seabourn kayak and Zodiac tours led by skilled Seabourn Expedition Teams in Senggigi, Komodo, and Surabaya, Indonesia.
“The diverse culture, rich history, and stunning natural beauty found throughout Asia make the region incredibly inspiring for our guests, and we always look forward to heading back,” noted Chris Austin, senior vice president of Global Marketing & Sales at Seabourn, adding, “Our team has designed voyages to open guests’ eyes to iconic and exotic destinations alike. The Seabourn Encore and Seabourn Ovation are stunning ships to experience this extraordinary region of our world.”
Highlights of Seabourn’s 2019-2020 exploration of Asia include:
Seabourn Ovation will launch in Asia with five separate 14-day voyages exploring Vietnam, Thailand, and Cambodia. It starts with a 14-day Holiday Thailand & Vietnam (December 21, 2019 – January 4, 2020), with Christmas Eve in Bangkok; Christmas Day with a signature Caviar in the Surf Beach Barbecue on the unspoiled island of Ko Kood, Thailand; and New Year’s Eve exploring the wonders of Da Nang, Vietnam, including the Cham Museum featuring the world’s most diverse exhibition of Cham relics, and Marble Mountain, whose five hills represent the five elements of the Universe. Other two-week voyages through the region include several 14-day Vietnam & Thailand voyages (dates: January 4 -18, January 18 – February 1, February 15 – 29, and February 29 – March 14, 2020). Each journey will visit Halong Bay and Da Nang, Vietnam, as well as overnight at Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam; Sihanoukville, Cambodia; and Ko Kood and Bangkok, Thailand.
- In the midst of all of the above, Seabourn Ovation will also offer a 14-day Gems of the South China Sea (February 1-15, 2020). Destinations beyond the country’s capital include Coron, Puerto Princess, and the Hundred Islands (actually 124) brimming with wildlife, while a single day in Malaysia will take in Koto Kinbalu on the island of Borneo with a tour to the top of 13,000-foot Mt. Kinabalu offering rewarding views of 1,200 orchid species that bloom near the peak.
- Seabourn Encore will arrive in Asia in late November to offer a series of multi-day sailings, including the 7-Day Orchid Isles Escape to Bali (November 27- December 4, 2019). On this voyage guests can experience a UNESCO Partner Tour of the Borobudur Temple Complexes in Semarang, Java; shopping in Indonesia’s second-largest city Surabaya; and a relaxing departure in Tanjung Benoa, a small fishing village on the southeast coast of Bali ringed with beautiful white sand beaches and calm waters.
- To finish the year, Seabourn Encore will sail a 17-day Orchid Isles & The Coral Coast (December 4-21, 2019), exploring the northern and eastern coasts of Australia with stops at Darwin, Cairns, Townsville, Airlie Beach, Moreton Island and Sydney. The ship returns to Asia in spring 2020, offering a 10-Day Gems of the Java Sea (April 7-17, 2020) to fascinating destinations in the Indonesian Archipelago, including Komodo Island, Celukan Bawang, Probolinggo, Surabaya, and Semarang, before arriving at Singapore.
- Seabourn’s 2020 World Cruise aboard Seabourn Sojourn includes many favourite port cities and destinations throughout Asia, starting with the February 20, 2020 39-day Africa & India Adventure departing Cape Town and bound for Singapore. Travellers can also choose the 38-day Asian Arc & Australia, winding through Thailand, Cambodia, and Vietnam, including a Caviar in the Surf beach barbecue at Ko Kood island. Other segments ranging from 12-38 days will visit vibrant destinations with hundreds of years of cultural heritage, including Sri Lanka, India, Thailand, Vietnam, and more.
For trip enhancements to remember, Seabourn offers optional shore excursions to many UNESCO World Heritage Sites as the official cruise partner of UNESCO World Heritage. These tours feature enhanced content and provide more opportunities for guests to experience the local culture and history. Sample shore excursions to UNESCO World Heritage sites include Ha Long Bay in Vietnam’s Gulf of Tonkin while sailing by some 1,600 islands; a three-day mid-cruise overland tour to Angkor Wat in Cambodia, one of the most important archaeological sites in Southeast Asia that was once the centre of the Khymer Kingdom; and the Complex of Hué Monuments in Vietnam, with 50 buildings spread over 30 acres of lush pine forest. A full list of excursions is available on the Seabourn website.
Onboard programming will include the brand’s complimentary and highly popular Seabourn Conversations enrichment programs featuring distinguished guest speakers, as well as performances by local entertainers in select destinations such as Manila, Philippines; Da Nang, Vietnam; coastal Sihanoukville in Cambodia and more. Several dynamic speakers are joining Seabourn Ovation in Asia as part of the popular and complimentary Seabourn Conversations enrichment program. A short list includes:
- Ambassador Ashok Sanjjanhar (December 2, 2019) – A prolific writer and commentator on current developments and issues pertaining to Indian foreign policy.
- Alessandra Borchi (December 2) – A UNESCO World Heritage specialist with a strong passion for travel, history, and heritage.
- Steve Wozniak (December 21) – A Silicon Valley icon for three decades and counting, most notable as a founder of Apple Computer Inc. with Steve Jobs back in 1976.
- Sir Jim McLay (January 18, 2020) – New Zealand’s former Ambassador and Permanent Representative to the United Nations from 2009 to 2015.
- Armando Manni (February 1) – A Rome-born film director, passionate gourmet, and entrepreneur who founded MANNI Oil in 2001, creating a global luxury brand.
- Captain Paul Eschenfelder (March 14) – An international pilot and sailor whose travels have offered opportunities to experience countries and cultures all over the world.
Travellers seeking to discover and experience even more in the region can by including an optional Seabourn Journey, an in-depth and immersive pre- and post-cruise land-based experience connected to the line’s sailings in the region. Scheduled Seabourn Journeys in the region include UNESCO Treasure of China: Beijing, Xi’an & Hong Kong and UNESCO Cambodia: Phnom Penh & the Temples Of Angkor, each offering guests additional opportunities to further explore and experience the region and its diverse culture through sights beyond the ship.
For a highly readable take on some of the many destinations Seabourn will visit during the upcoming season in Asia, check out Current: A Travel Blog by Seabourn, with articles including Tales of the Royals on some of Asia’s most famed and exalted families; The Hidden Ports of Southeast Asia on what makes some of the world’s most unique nautical nooks so special; How to Enjoy Saigon Nightlife on what goes on when the sun goes down and the city lights up; and The Banks of the Chao Phraya, on the marvellous canals of Bangkok.
Seabourn represents the pinnacle of ultra-luxury travel with intimate ships offering key elements that set the line apart: spacious, thoughtfully appointed suites, many with verandas and all oceanfront; superb dining in a choice of venues; complimentary premium spirits and fine wines available on board at all times; award-winning service and a relaxed, sociable atmosphere that makes guests feel at home on board. The ships travel the globe to many of the world’s most desirable destinations including marquee cities, UNESCO World Heritage Sites, and lesser-known ports and hideaways.
Regular guests of Seabourn will continue to find a number of innovative offerings and programs, including partnerships with a select group of companies and individuals whose dedication to superior quality, exceptional service and consistent customer satisfaction matches Seabourn.
Such programs include ‘An Evening with Tim Rice’, the new evening entertainment experience created exclusively for the line in association with Belinda King Creative Productions; ‘Shopping with the Chef’ excursions in select ports, with an expert Seabourn chef as guide to learn about regional markets and see how the freshest ingredients are selected; ‘Seabourn Conversations’ with special guest speaker including knowledgeable historians, naturalists, marine biologists, destination experts and more; Spa and Wellness with Dr. Andrew Weil, offering guests a holistic spa and wellness experience that integrates physical, social, environmental and spiritual well-being; and The Grill by Thomas Keller, reminiscent of the classic American restaurant from the 50’s and 60’s. Exclusive to Seabourn, The Grill is a unique culinary concept for Chef Keller, focusing on updated versions of iconic dishes. Guests will be treated to table-side preparations of Caesar salad and ice cream sundaes, as well as a range of other favourites like premium steaks, whole roasted chicken, and Lobster Thermidor, presented à la carte.
For reservations or more details, please contact a contact a travel agent, call 13 24 02 or visit www.seabourn.com.