Silversea Cruises will raise the curtain on six entirely new theatrical performances over the coming months. Developed in partnership with renowned Luna Rossa Productions, the new shows will be performed in the theatres aboard the cruise line’s ultra-luxury ships and will enrich the existing on-board entertainment program.
Featuring high-quality musical tracks, vivacious costumes, evocative set designs, and elaborate visual effects, the performances will spotlight the talents of ‘The Voices of Silversea’, an international ensemble of accomplished vocalists.
Each of the new shows will be exclusive to a particular ship, adding to three productions that are common across all ships: the new signature production, Grande Amore, an opera-themed show that features musical tracks composed exclusively for Silversea by world-leading conductor, orchestrator and arranger, Richard Balcombe, and recorded by the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra; Argento, an art deco-inspired production dedicated to the swing era; and Blues Brother Soul Sister, a musical experience that captures the funky vibe of the 1960s and 1970s.
In addition to Grande Amore, the new shows will include:
- The King on Strings, an exciting tribute to the legendary Elvis Presley, will premiere on Silver Whisper’s Fort Lauderdale-to-San Francisco voyage, which departs 20 December 2018. This sophisticated celebration of the hip-swivelling King of Rock and Roll features orchestral interpretations of such classics as ‘It’s Now or Never,’ ‘Blue Suede Shoes,’ ‘Can’t Help Falling in Love,’ and many more.
- Silver, Platinum, Gold, set to debut aboard Silver Shadow in the Far East from 1 February 2019, is a fun journey back to the age of Motown. Singers dressed in sparkling costumes from the era, a live DJ, and feel-good, nostalgic hits from artists including Marvin Gaye, The Temptations and The Supremes will have the audience grooving to some of music’s most memorable decades.
- Rhapsody in Rock honours Queen, one of the most popular rock bands of the 1970s. Launching aboard Silver Muse’s Far East sailings from 8 March 2019, this energetic, rock-inspired production will entertain guests with a selection of the British band’s most iconic hits, including ‘We Are the Champions,’ ‘We Will Rock You’ and ‘Bohemian Rhapsody.’
- Lyrically Yours will take to the stage aboard Silver Spirit’s European cruises from 15 April 2019. The eclectic show, inspired by Rolling Stone magazine’s list of the greatest songwriters of all time, showcases the music of some of the world’s most beloved lyricists, from John Lennon and Paul McCartney, Joni Mitchell and Bob Dylan to Abba and James Taylor.
- Jersey Beats will debut aboard the 30 May 2019, sailing of Silver Wind in Northern Europe. It will take a nostalgic tour through the hit songs of The Four Seasons, the 1960s pop group immortalized in the Tony Award-winning musical Jersey Boys and the Hollywood movie of the same name. Known for their distinctive style of harmony, the group entertained the world with such sing-along hits as ‘Can’t Take My Eyes Off You,’ ‘Sherry,’ ‘Walk Like a Man,’ ‘Big Girls Don’t Cry,’ and more.
“With this entertaining collection of new shows, developed in partnership with Luna Rossa Productions, our guests will enjoy beautifully staged live vocal performances of some of the world’s most celebrated music,” said Antonio Marangi, Silversea’s Director of Entertainment. “From the emotion of the blues and opera to the uplifting rhythms of swing and rock and roll, our full line-up of production shows is carefully designed to connect with the audience on many levels, enriching the cruise experience immensely.”
“It has been a pleasure to work with Silversea Cruises to compose a unique soundtrack for Grande Amore,” says Richard Balcombe, Conductor, Orchestrator and Arranger. “The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra – renowned as probably the world’s greatest symphony orchestra – has recorded the musical accompaniment exclusively for this production, which is special indeed. I’m sure Silversea’s guests will enjoy the experience enormously.”
SOURCE: Silversea Cruises