Reconnect with Australia’s Indigenous past and natural beauty on an eight-day luxury small-group tour of Tropical North Queensland (max. 14 travellers). Moving from colourful reef to 20,000-year-old rock art, let the Traditional Owners of the land guide you through the Daintree Rainforest, Mossman Gorge, Cooktown and Laura.
Travelling in a private vehicle accompanied by an expert local driver-guide, discover what true connection to our country feels like. Take a peaceful Low Isles cruise, visit the UNESCO-listed Daintree and Mossman Gorge to learn about the Kuku Yalanji — the area’s Traditional Owners — and embrace conservation at the private ethnobotanical Botanical Ark. Take in the wonder of the world’s oldest rainforest by cruise, bush-bash through the Bloomfield Track and visit the heritage-listed Cooktown Cemetery before watching the daylight fade while sharing stories around the fire and listening to the sounds of the didgeridoo reverberating through Jarramali Campsite. In Laura, you will find magnificent rock art dating back as far as 20,000 years, as you visit the outback museums of Magnificent Gallery and Rainbow Serpent Gallery.
Enjoy unique accommodation, including an incredible stay at the acclaimed Pullman Port Douglas Sea Temple Resort & Spa, a luxury five-star resort in the heart of Port Douglas, an authentic Indigenous camping experience under the night sky in Cape York, and a luxe night at the luxe Flynn, a Crystalbrook Collection Hotel, in Cairns.
Your tour includes:
- Seven nights of hand-selected accommodation including two nights at the acclaimed Pullman Port Douglas Sea Temple Resort & Spa, a two-night camping experience at Jarramali Campsite and one night at the brand-new designer Flynn, a Crystalbrook Collection Hotel, on the glistening Cairns Esplanade
- Daily breakfast, four lunches and three delicious dinners, including a welcome dinner and Chef’s Table lunch at the Botanical Ark in the Daintree
- Soak up the peace and tranquillity on a Low Isles cruise with a welcome drink and delicious canapés
- Take a guided Ngadiku Dreamtime Walk through the rainforest canopy alongside the waters of Mossman Gorge
- Participate in an authentic smoking ceremony and learn about the uses of plants in the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Daintree National Park
- Discover the Botanical Ark, a private ethnobotanical garden and enjoy an interpretive garden tour with the founder
- Take a journey down the Daintree River and bask in the magic of the world’s oldest rainforest, rich with crocodiles, snakes, butterflies and birds
- Travel along the Bloomfield Track, one of Australia’s most iconic outback roads, through dense sections of rainforest, steep climbs and challenging creek crossings
- Voyage to Grassy Hill and experience panoramic views over Cooktown, the Coral Sea and Endeavour River
- Take a guided walk through Cooktown Botanic Gardens and the heritage-listed Cooktown Cemetery
- Immerse yourself in ancient stories while uncovering the rock art of the Kuku Yalanji people and their connection to the land at Jarramali, Cape York region
- The services of an expert driver-guide who will accompany you throughout
- Transportation in an air-conditioned vehicle, including complimentary bottled water
- All sightseeing and national park entry fees as per the itinerary
Your journey takes you to: Cairns — Port Douglas — Daintree National Park — Cooktown — Laura — Cairns.
To learn more, click HERE.
SOURCE: Luxury Escapes