Viking has released its new-look 2020 river cruise brochure, featuring itineraries that cover central Europe, Asia, Egypt, France, Portugal, Russia and Ukraine.
The new brochure showcases a number of enhanced itineraries, including Kiev, Black Sea & Bucharest, a 12-day river cruise that will replace Viking’s current 11-day Kiev to the Black Sea itinerary. Priced from $5,795 per person, guests will now get to experience Bucharest, Romania’s elegant capital, as well as all the highlights of Ukraine — from Kiev to Odessa. A three-night pre-cruise extension package in Istanbul, Turkey, is now also available as part of the new Kiev, Black Sea & Bucharest itinerary.
Following the release of their 2020 river brochure, Viking has announced that they will now offer free air travel to guests who book 2020 river cruises of 12 days duration or longer. This deal includes the following itineraries:
• 12-day Paris to the Swiss Alps — Paris to Zürich or v.v. — from $5.495 per person
• 12-day Cities of Light — Paris to Prague or v.v. — from $4,795 per person
• 15-day Grand European Tour — Amsterdam to Budapest or v.v. — from $5,995 per person
• 23-day European Sojourn — Amsterdam to Bucharest or v.v. — from $9,995 per person
• 13-day Waterways of the Tsars — Moscow to St. Petersburg or v.v. — from $7,995 per person
• 15-day France’s Finest — Paris to Avignon or v.v. — from $6,395 per person
• 14-day Imperial Jewels of China —Beijing to Shanghai or v.v. — from $5,595 per person
• 17-day Roof of the World — Beijing to Shanghai or v.v. — from $7,595 per person
• 19-day Undiscovered China — Shanghai to Beijing — from $7,595 per person
• 15-day Magnificent Mekong — Vietnam to Vietnam — from $5,795 per person
Starting at $5,195 per person, Viking’s 10-day Holland & Belgium river cruise itinerary will no longer operate solely during tulip season and has been expanded to multiple departures throughout March, April and May 2020. Outside of tulip season, the day trip to Haarlem in the Netherlands will be replaced with a day spent in the fascinating city of Wesel in Germany.
Due to increasing demand, a number of new 2020 departure dates have been released for Viking’s 12-day Pharaohs & Pyramids river cruise in Egypt, sailing onboard both Viking Ra and MS Antares. This popular itinerary is currently priced from $7,695 per person.
Two new departures have also been released for Viking’s previously sold out 15-day Rhine & Viking Shores & Fjords ocean and river cruise combo. Priced from $9,990 per person, both combo cruises will depart on September 1, 2020 — one from Bergen to Basel and the other from Basel to Bergen.
Viking’s eight-day Rhine Getaway river cruise now features two new included excursions: an informative tour of Ehrenbreitstein Fortress and a walking tour through the historic town of Speyer. This itinerary is priced from $3,495 per person and also features two new optional excursions: a tour of the 700-year-old Marksburg Castle and a full-day tour of Heidelberg. With more guests looking to extend their destination-focused travel experience beyond the core cruise itinerary, Viking has also continued to add to the slate of pre- and post-cruise extensions for new and popular river itineraries. These fully escorted offerings include:
• Timeless Istanbul (New: Pre/Post Extension for the Kiev to the Black Sea itinerary) – Prior to or following the river sailing, guests can extend their experience and join Viking in Istanbul for three nights. Where East meets West, guests will visit important religious sites such as the “Blue Mosque” and legendary Hagia Sophia.
• Charming Brussels (New: Pre/Post Extension for the Holland & Belgium itinerary) – A perfect complement to the new itinerary, guests can explore Brussels, Belgium’s vibrant capital, during this two-night extension. Discover the lively café scene, multicultural roots and hidden architectural gems of this important river city.
• Historic Bruges (New: Pre/Post Extension for the new Holland & Belgium itinerary) – Guests can extend their journey with a three-night experience in Bruges, one of Europe’s most well-preserved medieval cities. Guests will also enjoy exploring the surrounding area, including the architectural treasures of Ghent and the World War I battlefields of Flanders.
• From the Bulge to Remagen (New: Post Extension for the Paris & D-Day 75th Anniversary itinerary) – As a four-night extension option for this special itinerary, guests will continue to follow in the footsteps of Allied troops who marched across France toward Germany during World Wars I and II. Guests will visit Meuse-Argonne and Luxembourg American Cemeteries, the Bastogne War Museum in Belgium, walk the streets of the ancient city of Mainz and more.
• World War Battlefields (New: Post Extension for the Paris & D-Day 75th Anniversary itinerary) – Also offered during the special anniversary sailing, Viking will escort guests during a four-night cruise extension, exploring the battlefields of northern France and the Low Countries. Along the way, guests will visit Dunkirk, walk through the trenches of Flanders Fields and pay their respects to British and Canadian servicemen at the Menin Gate.
• Burgundy’s Vineyards (New: Post Extension for the Lyon & Provence itinerary) – During this three-night extension in France, guests can experience the grandeur of Dijon and the world-renowned wine country of Burgundy, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Guests will enjoy the French lifestyle while visiting the Ducal Palace, the local market designed by Eiffel, and the beautiful Côte de Nuits and Côte de Beaune.
“Now is a fantastic time to book a Viking river cruise for 2020. Not only have we released our brand-new brochure and updated itineraries, but we currently have some amazing river cruise deals on offer as part of our Explorer Sale,” said Michelle Black, Managing Director of Viking Cruises Australia and New Zealand.
For additional information, contact Viking Cruises at 138 747 (Australia) and 0800 447 913 (New Zealand) or visit vikingcruises.com.au.
SOURCE: Viking Cruises